Students will demonstrate effective communication and comprehension skills.
Comprehend, analyze and respond appropriately to oral, written and visual information.
- Effectively communicate information through speaking, writing, and other appropriate modes of expression.
2. Critical Thinking and Information Competency
Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills in problem solving across the disciplines and in daily life.
- Identify vital questions, problems, or issues and evaluate the reasonableness of a solution.
- Analyze, assess, and evaluate the validity of an argument.
- Analyze multiple representations of quantitative information, including graphic, formulaic, numeric, and verbal.
- Select and evaluate the accuracy, credibility, and relevance of information sources.
3. Community and Global Awareness and Responsibility
Students will demonstrate knowledge of social, cultural, environmental, and aesthetic perspectives.
- Examine individual and group responsibilities in society.
- Participate in active citizenship.
4. Personal, Academic, and Career Development
Students will assess their own skills and abilities to develop personal, educational, and career goals; work independently and in group settings; and identify lifestyle choices that promote self-reliance, financial literacy, and physical, mental, and social health.
- Assume personal responsibility for identifying academic and psychological-social needs, determining resources, and accessing appropriate services.
- Evaluate progress towards achieving personal goals, academic goals, career goals, and career resilience.
Last updated: 7/10/2017 10:00:21 AM